The club was formed in 1941 when a group of men working in the Research Department at HMV Gramophone Co. (later to become part of the EMI Group) decided they would like to form a walking and cycling Group affiliated to the Youth Hostels Association. The group was originally known as The Ealing & District YHA Group. In 1998 the group was renamed The Ealing Outdoor Club.
We are a friendly outdoor group based in West London. Our main outdoor activity is walking although we do occasionally do other activities such as cycling and kayaking.
For most of its history the club has been affiliated to the YHA. This is no longer the case, as the benefits of affiliation have been removed, but we still use YHA hostels for many of our residential trips.
In 2011 the club celebrated its 70th anniversary with a celebration party.